Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Cuttlebug Folder


This card is for my DH for our anniversary. Of course I have just received some of my new embossing folders so had to play with them. The "with love" is from the border set called "With Love". There are five borders in the set. This is the only one with words. I used Swiss Dots to emboss a portion of the background and then used the scorer on my cutter to make a couple of lines above and below the phrase. The paper is from Core'dinations. I sanded the embossed words so the core of the dark purple would show through. Happy Anniversary is embossed in gold and the image was watercolored with H2O's. I used dimensionals to raise the layered image.

This afternoon I also went and watched my son and his girlfriend play slow pitch. It's been years since I watched a ball game and I just couldn't keep quiet. There were hardly any spectators but I think I made up for that. lol BTW they won!

Hubby is out for a motorcycle ride so I think I'll slip back to the craft room and play with my new folders some more. I'll be back.

Yvonne

Supplies Used:
Paper - Core'dinations * SU Shimmery White
Ink - Versamark
Embossing Folders - Swiss Dots, With Love
Stamps - Stamp City, SU Hugs & Wishes
Gold EP & Gold Heart Brads
Sanding Blocks

2 comments:

Card Creations said...

That is a very beautiful card! I am so jealous that you have some of the new Embossing Folders!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! Loved the Travel Album too - very nice -