Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Son!


Today is my sons 27th birthday. Hard to believe where the time goes. The country song"Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney says it all. "Happy Birthday, Adam". I made him a card but didn't scan it!

Todays card was from Deborah M. Yesterday I posted the card I swapped at our get together. This is the one I received. Beautiful card using the cuttlebug folders on the background and on one of the circles. I'm pretty sure she used the nestabilities to cut out the other circles. Notice the card at the left hand side - there are eyelets there making a spinelike look to the card. Very neat idea. The pearls add a touch of elegance and you can go wrong with a prima flower.

Looking down you can see the circle rotates to review another picture underneath it. I didn't scan the inside but there was also a lovely white insert with a verse and the edge of the white paper was punch with a border punched and there may have been some paper piercing there too. Thanks again Deborah for the lovely card.

If the weather will co-operate hubby and I will be outside painting today. We're staining our gazebo and deck. Looking pretty good. Should have done it when we first moved into the house but the natural look seemed to be just fine. We're cleaing up the look a little as the kids will be married in our backyard. Hopefully the leaves will be turned just a little and of course, no rain please.

Enjoy your Labor Day week-end.....and don't work to hard on your day off. lol

Yvonne

No comments: