Thursday, September 4, 2008

Worm Wishes


This card is a little different from my usual. I don't get to make too many juvinile birthday cards. The Cutting Garden is having a card swap and I signed up for children's birthday card. I love the bright colors. The stamps are from a retired SU set called "Bugs & Kisses". I used craft ink and clear embossed the bug and the little orange areas are done using a glaze pen and dazzling diamond glitter sprinkled overtop. When the pen ink dries the glitter stays attached. To create the two toned words I used markers to ink the image on the rubber stamp. A card isn't finished if you don't add an eyelet and some ribbon! There are dimensionals behind the caterpillar too so there's a little more depth to the card.
Just popped in to post...in the middle of making supper as I worked till 5:00 today. Think I'll try a post a scrapbook page tomorrow.
Yvonne

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

This is really cute, Yvonne! Love the bugs! Funny, I have trouble with masculine cards and juvenile cards. I always want to 'pretty them up' and for some reason the guys don't like that! lol :)

Well, I'm off to go make a kids card for a birthday party tomorrow (that I almost forgot about) for a little girl in Alexandria's class.

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Julie