Monday, November 24, 2008

Daughter "B-Day"

I had a fairly productive week-end. Went and saw the new James Bond movie. I'd rate it as just okay. My biggest complaint were the action scenes. They have so many special effects and they switch the angle, the shot, the whatever so quickly that you don't have time to visually focus on anything. My impression of the action scenes was a kid with a video recorder who zooms in then out and tries to capture everything in thirty seconds or less. lol
Today's post is a birthday card for my daughter. She will turn 24 next week. Wow...my baby is growing up.
I wanted to do something different than the usual flower, earth tone cards. So I thought bold. Taken with Teal is never a color that I use but I did have a little pattern paper left with the teal and rose together on it so that's where the start came from.

The cupcake was stamped on watercolor paper and colored in with Twinkling H20's and then I cut around it. Put dazzling diamond glitter over the icing and then used stickles to make some raised up dots. Mounted that onto the pattern paper with dimensionals. The little dragonfly in the corner and been stamped and colored some time ago and the colors matched so I thought it would be cute on the card. The ribbon around the centre I've had for a couple of years. It actually was part of a set that matched the pattern paper. The ribbon is crinkly and stretchy. I cuttlebugged the background with the birthday folder. Had to do it twice cause the paper was too large....can you see where it joins? Added the little circle - punched out the centre and layered it on a dimensional and put a clear acrylic bubble overtop of it. All in all I think it is pretty cute.
I mentioned last week that I had some new toys. Well I bought a score-pal. I used it to score the folds in those illuminated Christmas Cards. I really like it cause it makes everything so accurate and you all know me and my need to be exact. lol Hope to get a chance to try out one of those grid cards soon. Tomorrow I'll post something using the other new toy.
Yvonne

No comments: