Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3 cards - 3 techniques

Hi There,

Having a snow day here. Glad I don't have to go anywhere. Going to get right to the cards today. Using same stamp set just doing some different techniques with each one. Stick around, you might want to try one of these out.
The stamp set I've used on all the cards is Thoughts & Prayers. For this card I stamped the main image in versamark and then embossed with detail black embossing powder. Then using my chalks or also named pastels I used a sponge dauber to apply different colors of chalk to color in the image. Having the image embossed keeps it clear and sharp and prevent the chalk from adhering to the image.

This card I stamped in waterproof dye based black ink and then on each leaf I applied glue with a 2-way glue pen. I allowed the glue to semi-dry (all the blue color is gone) and then I sprinkled fine glitter over the image and rubbed it in with my finger. Now brush off all extra glitter with a stiff bristled brush and return the extra glitter to the container to be used again. Click the image to get a closeup.

I inked this card with Kiwi Green and then used a wet q-tip to remove the green color from the flowers. Utilizing the other end of the q-tip I wet the q-tip with Baha Breeze re-inker and colored in each of the flowers. I then stamped it to the cardstock. The "In Color" from Stampin' Up don't come with a marker so this is one way to be able to color directly to the stamp without a marker. For just a little bling I put a little drop of glue in the centre of each flower and added some dazzling diamond glitter overtop.

As you can tell I also like a little ribbon to dress things up.

Have yourself a good afternoon.

Yvonne

12 comments:

Deborah March said...

Nicely done Yvonne. I really like the first card. The chalk effect is almost like brayering...beautiful!

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, love all the different techniques! The glitter tree is my favorite, I will have to try that! Thanks for playing.

Alicia said...

love how you got two totally different looks with the same stamp great techniques too.

~Lori Roop said...

Very classy cards!

Thanks for playing at CV's!

Angela said...

Such cute cards,

Tanis said...

I love these tree cards! The layers of colour in the background of the first one is so cool...but I just LOVE the clean crisp look of the tree on the white card stock.

Kryssi said...

love all 3! thanks for playing along!

Lucy Abrams said...

Lovely set of cards.

linda said...

Love all your cards, so clean and perfect! I wish I had your precision! Thanks for sharing...

Michelle Giraud said...

Love all the different cards you did. The first one is my favorite.

Carrie Gaskin said...

Great job with all three! Thanks for playing at Caardvarks.

Emily said...

Very nice, I like how clean they are.