Thursday, December 17, 2009

Black & White Snowflakes & Tags

Good Morning,

So how many more sleeps until Christmas...not enough! How's your Christmas preparations going?

I have some presents wrapped now and will be heading back out for a little more shopping today. Wrapping presents meant I needed to make some Christmas Tags. So the second photo today is all about my tags. I actually used my Cricut machine to cut out the tags and then I simply used my stickles and liquid applique to decorate them. Pretty quick to make but drying time was overnight on the stickles. I think I was a little heavy on some of them.

The Black & White Snowflake card is one of my favorite. The snowflakes are cut using the Spellbinders snowflake dies. The white background is the snowflake embossing folder on white and I cut it into strips. The ribbon was from Costco and the sentiment from Stampin' Up. The snowflakes are all raised on dimensions and the white layer on each snowflake is covered in glitter ritz for a bit of sparkle. To do that I ran my cardstock through my Xyron machine and then I used the snowflake die to cut out the shape. All I had to do then was peel off the protective paper and apply my glitter. No mess at all (except for the little bit of glitter I got on myself). I placed a little pearl in the centre of each snowflake and on the ends of the tag sentiment.



I need to go to the postoffice today. Mail out last parcel...yeah it's going to be late, just a little...think of it as a longer Christmas. A couple more cards to pop in the mail and then a little shopping.

Hope you're enjoying your day and I look forward in checking in with you tomorrow.

Yvonne

No comments: