Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas & A Little Gift Box

Merry Christmas To All!

Had a relaxing Christmas day with DH & DD. Unfortunately my son and his family weren't able to be with us this year. This was the first that DS didn't spend Christmas with us so that was a little weird. We had nobody to hand out the Christmas presents! We were able to chat in the afternoon so that was good!

As always Santa spoils me...and he always seems to find some crafty stuff to surprise me with. I got a new cricut cartridge to help make calendars. Every year I want to make calendars for Grandparents but always leave it too late. I think I need to start now and do one a month...I'm good at the planning stage...execution...I need to work on that aspect.

The project I'm sharing today is supposed to be an advent calendar. If you make two of them you will have 24 days. I only needed a 12 day one ... a drawer for each day that DD is home. You can use matchboxes for the drawers but I made each one of my own. It turned out not bad. I would change a few things if I was to make another one. Make sure you are really accurate on the folding. lol



If you're wanting more detailed directions check out the mini calendar on the top right side of my blog. It's under December 1st box.

It's going to be a pretty busy week as we hope to get out and tour around with DD and see some sights so there may not be many posts. I'm already thinking ahead to 2010 and New Years Resolutions - blog more often...

A little tidbit of what is to come in 2010 - I'll be attending the CHA Show in Anahiem January 22 - 27. I'm registered for the show and to take some classes so I'll be letting you know what those are and keep you up-to-date on new releases at the show.

Enjoy your holidays with family & friends.

Yvonne

No comments: