Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Slider Card "Holiday Cheer"

Good Morning,
December 1st already. I'm a day late on posting but things got in the way. Can you believe Christmas is 24 sleeps away. Yikes. I really need to do some Christmas shopping. Oh, I did do a little shopping on Saturday. I bought Xavier the cutest cowboy slippers. He won't be able to pull those babies off. lol

Todays card is a slider card. When you pull on the tab the window opens to reveal a message both on the tag and through the window. Most slider cards I've seen are just the basics of the card, they don't stand up. Or in other words they don't really seem to be a full card but more of a card front and there is no place to write stuff.

This is a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. I'll give dimensions for this card but they are easily adapted. I cut in 3/4" on three of the four sides so I would have a 3/4" border. (I used my Fiskars cutter to do this)Measuring from the bottom edge of the card score in 1 1/2" and then 3" making sure you only score on the window portion. That second score line can be altered depending on how wide you want the window to open. Last place a score line at the top of the card. This should be at 3/4" and will connect the two vertical cut lines. I used a full cardfront to work with so I also need to have a piece of the same color for a backing. 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Holding this piece in place behind the cardfront punch out a semi-circle so you will be able to see your pull tab.

The tag that goes in behind needs to be wider than the opening by about 1/2" and as long as the top of the card to the bottom of the opening. So in this case it was 3 1/4 x 4 3/4". You can round the corners on the tag, leave the square, etc. The bottom of the tag gets attached to the bottom of the window. I used double sided tape and applied it to the window portion (the 3/4" fold at the bottom of the window)Make sure you line it up even. Pull on the tab and the window should open. Once you're satisfied glue the back insert to the card to enclose the tag. Make sure you only put glue around the parimeter so the tag can move freely when pulled.

You can add pattern paper like I did or you could simply stamp images directly to the cardstock. Whatever image you decide to put on the front make sure you only glue it down between the first and second score line so the window can open.

You can also go to Splitcoaststampers and search under the resources for directions to this card. They do theirs slightly different but the window portion is the same and may give better pictures.
By the way the image was colored in with copics and the stamp set was Stampin' Up.

Have a great day.

Yvonne

No comments: