Sunday, January 24, 2010

CHA Update - Another Valentine Card

Hello There,

I know I promised updates from the CHA Show...well the wireless internet I was to have in the room is really only wireless in the lobby of the hotel...hmmm so here I sit.

First off...Many of you sent me notes about the Valentine Card treats from the last post. The little treat heart cups can be purchased from Stampin' Up. They have them in heart shape and circles.

CHA Show...it is huge. Friday I seemed to wander aimlessly from booth to booth. Both Friday & Saturday were days open to the general public and you could purchase stuff. I behaved and purchased almost nothing...except at the close of business Saturday one of the booth was having a sale on an organizer for your stamping/scrapbooking tools. I decided I needed it and now I have to figure out how it's getting home. lol
I've attended a Copic Card Class, Flower Soft (that was pretty cool and I will have samples to share), a class by Tim Holtz (an amazing presenter, very fast paced. We made some grunge paper rose flowers. Today was a Sizzix class.

It's very cool to see all the new lines of products but it is so huge it's hard to take it all in. Flower Soft has come out with a finer product than their regular stuff. I was at the Robin's Nest booth and they have some lovely new diamond drops. You all like the Dew Drops, so now they have diamond drops and also and smaller version of the original Dew Drop.

Little Yellow Bicycle has a great boys line of scrapbooking paper. I did do a 12 x 12 page at their booth this morning and am sure I need more of that paper.

That's all I have time to comment on for now. Here's a short version of todays card that I loaded to the computer before I left home. Again ALL products used on this card are from Stampin' Up. Card not designed by me...this was part of a card class I took. Love the colors they choose. Also do you see the border punch. That is a free punch earned through Sell-a-bration. You can also purchase a corner punch to co-ordinate with it. I now longer sell SU but do still enjoy their stuff.

It's been a long day...need to put my feet up. Supposed to be sqeezing in an afternoon at Disneyland too. Move over Minnie....Mickey here I come!

Thanks for reading and I look forward in sharing projects with you on my return.

Yvonne



2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like your having alot of fun I wish I could send you a card that said " I wish I was there with YOU"
I would really enjoy that....Keep the good work Yvonne

featheredheaven said...

My gosh Yvonne, sounds like you're having a wonderful time! I have to admit that there are some items in your post that i have no idea what they are or what to do with them, like dew drops/diamond drops?
I guess I'll learn as I go! LOL!!
I certainly love the card you have posted as well....great job!
Sue