Monday, March 8, 2010

Cool Dude

Happy Monday,

What a nice week-end...Saturday was our first real warm sunny day. I even had to use sunscreen. Sunday wasn't as nice but...hubby put my shelves up in my craft room. All my stamps are unpacked. It is so nice. I can find things again. Tonight he will put up shelves on the other side of the closet and I'm going to re-organize some other stuff. It's looking good.

Scrapbook page today and of course it's of Xavier. I thought this was so cute. He looks like such a big boy. Only 10 more sleeps till he's here.

This page was so much fun to do. Time consuming though. I started off with the paper and then designed from there. The paper has circles with heads of frogs, elephants, & monkeys on it so I knew I wanted to incorportate that somehow. I used my gypsy and Animal Kindgom cartridge with my cricut to cut the animals. Lots of layers but worth it. I also used the cricut markers to outline the animals. You replace the blade with a pen and it traces rather than cutting. Layered the animals up onto two circles. Gave them goggly eyes!

What about the border....I choose different size circles using the "George and Basic Shape" cartridge cut a border and placed a red strip of cardstock behind.

The tree is from Zoobaloo cut on silhouette and shadow settings. and I can't remember which font I used. don't know if you can see it but he has sunglasses on his head, hence the "cool dude".

Cardstock is Bazzill and the pattern paper is from Fancy Pants.

Well I spent my day cleaning and running to the hardware store for more screws so maybe tonight I can craft a little.

What are you doing this week? Crafting, keeping kids amused for spring break...

Leave a comment and let me know!

Yvonne

3 comments:

paw50 said...

Love to hear about your days. Just to let you know, we have to use sun screen these days too! The sun is out and it's gorgous! Oh I guess I should mention the temperature is 5 degrees. Guess Nova Scotia is a "little bit" behind Texas.
Pam
Antigonish,ns

Marlene said...

I have been working on the card challeng you sent for this month. I am pooped as I worked at it for two days and takes up so much time doing all the cutting, etc. But it's worth the effort. Hope you like it. Love the newest layout for Xavier. Bet your anxious to see him eh?

Julie Mutch said...

Hey Yvonne, this is so sweet! I love all the animals. :)

My goodness Xavier is really growing up - what a cutie! So glad that he's coming for a visit soon. Just think how many pictures you'll be able to get to scrapbook! lol :)

We've had a few gorgeous days - about 15C! Yippee! All the snow is gone and Spring is on it's way!

Take care!
Hugs,
Julie