Thursday, May 13, 2010

To Distress Or Not??? That Is The ?

Good Morning,

I had a busy day yesterday...sitting around waiting for the lawn mower repair guy...I was able to get some card making in anyway and here is what I have for you.

The pinkie die cut is from my Cricut - cartridge "lyrical letters". It was cut at 5". Both card are made from exactly the same paper products (same colors too) just embellished differently.

Bazzill's Bling cardstock was used for the die cut and the card base is Bazzill Celebration (four different textures/designs). This design is more of a herringbone. Please note that the prices at FargoCat Shops is per sheet. In the Bling there are 8 1/2 x 11 ($.50 per sheet) and 12 x 12 ($.70 per sheet). The   Bazzill Celebration is 12 x 12 sheets (1.20 per sheet). Would make great wedding  pages or cards. Very elegant.
Also if you happen to be browsing around at FargoCat Shops be sure to click on the number at the bottom of the page to go to a second page. Hey...I just found this when I was browsing the cardstock!

First card I choose to try out the distress inks to alter the color. I used Wild Honey and Victorian Velvet. Even with the textured background I was able to stamp and emboss on it. I would recommend a bolder stamp and more vibrant ink so the image doesn't get lost. Distress Inks tend to stay wet a little long and the cardstock has a bit of a gloss to it so I was able to wipe off some of the color if I thought it was too dark.




Finishing up here for the day. Blog Candy closes tomorrow night. Please see May 2nd post for details on entering if you haven't done so already.

I'm off to do some errands...go to the post office (my favorite, right), need a new gold Krylon pen, pick up dry cleaning, get some reading material, and maybe a frozen yogurt for lunch. hehehe The yogurt place is beside the postoffice. Hey...it's my treat for standing in line!

Yvonne

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very Pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very elegent Yvonne, I like them alot...
Sherry K

Julie Mutch said...

These are so pretty, Yvonne. Although, they're the same basic layout, they each look so different with just a few little changes. Very nice! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!
Take care!

Hugs,
Julie