Monday, July 12, 2010

Copic Challenge

Hi There,

Start of another week. I've got lots of stories to share but I'll put them at the end of the post. Some of you are interested in the cards, some in my personal life and some in both. lol

Card - first. I wanted to show you how well the copic markers color overtop of each other. If you have some of these markers and haven't tried to put unusual colors together I urge you to get your paper and markers out and play.

Colors used  - R05 ( Salmon Red)
                       YR23 ( Yellow Ochre)
                       YG91 (Putty)
                        YG63 (Pea Green)
First - do you see a pattern? R is for red, YR - yellow red, YG - yellow green. I stayed within the same tones when choosing my colors.

After stamping my image colored the flower in with YR23 and the leaves with YG91.
Then took R05 and colored overtop of the yellow. On the leaves I added YG 63 to the darker areas on the leaves. Changed back to YR23 (yellow ochre) and colored over just some of the area I wanted a little more yellow showing through on. 

On this shot you can see more of the yellow.
I use the copic ciao's. Deborah has them at Fargocat Shops and will look at ordering the sketch if the demand is there.

Now onto the story. Spent the afternoon shopping. I actually ventured outside of my usual shopping district. I had gone to my local shoe store but they didn't have the right size/style. I was actually buying this pair for a gift. lol I already had mine. So I decided to head off on my adventure. I made it to the shoe store, and then I realized I was close to the jewelry store I wanted to get a Pandora charm for her, and then that brought me to a big outlet shopping district to pick up some yummy chocolates and flavored coffee. The real excitement was I didn't even need the GPS to travel around and no stress headache when I was done. lol I must be getting used to the traffic.

The rest of the week-end I spent scrapbooking a page of my God Daughter.

Well I better hurry up and post this before it is tomorrow and I have something else to post. Just remembered there is another story....as many of you know we are heading back to Canada for vacation. The plan was to fly to Toronto, see our daughter, drive to Quebec City and then onto NS and PEI. Returning the rental car in NS and flying back to Houston. Booked the airfare last month and decided it was time to book the car. Oooopppps...do you have any idea how much they want when you have a drop off of the rental car not at the same pick up?  We had done it once before and it was $50.00 - this time is was $1600.00. Yikes. I just booked airfare from Toronto to Halifax. Cheaper to fly.

See you tomorrow.

Yvonne

2 comments:

sherry keith said...

Awesome card Yvonne, love,love,love it....can't wait to see u !!!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: your cards get better and better. Love them all!