Monday, July 5, 2010

Hi There!

I'm late posting today. It's a holiday here so I was out and about earlier.
Celebrated my first fourth of July yesterday. Went and watched the fireworks and they were pretty amazing. I think we sat a little close though as we had debris from the fireworks falling on us.

I've created another stand up card today.  The focus of this card is the blue embossed flowers. This is co-ordination cardstock that comes embossed and you can choose to sand it, tear it, or leave it as is. It's very pretty. I choose to use an old retired SU set that had a flower that somewhat resembled the background flower. I colored it in with Copic Markers and layered it onto an orange circle.

Deborah at Fargocat Designs will be doing classes using three different embossed cardstocks. I don't think she had the info up yet for the classes BUT she does have some new Tim Holtz stamp sets available for viewing that she is taking pre-orders for. These are brand new and will be showcasing at the CHA at the end of this month. Get your order in early as these do sell out fast.

Thursday I'll show you the scrapbook page also using the embossed paper.

Foods burning on the grill so I must run.

I'll be back earlier tomorrow.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marlene said. Sure love this card.Very diff. eh?

KellyRae said...

I like the pops of black, especially the gingham ribbon, to bring all the elements together.