Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Christmas Ornaments

Morning,

Look at the Christmas ornaments I made this week-end. I think they are soooo cute.

I bought the plastic snowflakes, 10 to a package at Michaels. $1.99 less my 40% off coupon. Gotta love those coupons. Actually come to think of it you can probably find them at the Dollar store too!

On all the ornaments I decorated both sides so it doesn't matter which way the ornament swings. Now I can have Xavy's cute little face on my Christmas tree or hanging in my craft room.

This one I altered a little more...yes, all the snowflakes were white but I used my Smooch and spritzed it. Now it is blue.White liquid applique on the hat, diamond stickles on the snowflakes and tiara glitter on the buttons. Stamp set from Just-Rite Stamps - Vintage Christmas.

This snowflake has been altered in color as well but I used Glimmer Mist - sand on this one. Sponged around the outside edge with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Antique Linen. Copics to color in the images on both snowflakes. The ornaments are also from the Vintage Christmas set.

If you find the snowflakes at the Dollar store let me know and I'll post the info here so someone else might get a good deal.

Just a reminder to check the links on the right side of my blog if you're interested in some papercrafting retreats in Nova Scotia.

Kristen arrives tonight and I received  my brochure for San Antonio in the mail yesterday. her and I are going on a little road trip. I'm excited...I don't get out much with female companionship. We will be taking Tom Tom with us too. Maybe I'll change the voice on the GPS to a female voice so it's an all-girl roadtrip. lol

I'll post a card - non Christmas on Thursday.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Cindy Power said...

Hey, Yvonne. These ornaments are too cute. I cased your corner bookmarks and made 60 for a Ladies Retreat for this weekend. I was not able to find the link for the crafting classes you mentioned in your post. Help!! We were up to a Copics Class on Friday night that Kim Blanchette was teaching at Carsand Mosher. It was great to see her!!! Cindy in Yarmouth

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Hi Yvonne These are cute snowflakes . I got some like it at the $store last year but the smell of the plastic was so strong I couldn't use them . Will try the ones at Michaels this time . Thanks for sharing .
Marilyn