Thursday, September 16, 2010

Heartfelt Creations

Good Morning,

Going to be a busy day going here and there with DD! so I thought I would get a post up early.

Today I'm showcasing a new line of stamps and dies that Fargo Cat Shops has enroute.  They are by Heartfelt Creations.

There are some of you out there that know from taking my classes how much I love to cut things out. Well you will love this if you like the look of cut out things but just don't have the patience to do the intricate cutting. It is so simple...you STAMP the image and then you use a spellbinders die and CUT out the image. Way cool.

They have various stamp sets that are designed to co-ordinate with die sets that they partnered with Spellbinders to create to match their stamps. I have the stamp set called Daisy Patch Flowers #3318 which has five different sizes of flowers so you can layer or simple stamp with. These are red rubber with foam mount and then you use a clear arcylic stamp block to stamp with. The etching on the stamps is very good. Your options are you can stamp with colored ink on colored cardstock or you could stamp on white paper and use a coloring medium to fill in.

Once you have stamped the image use the co-ordinating die set which in this case is #703 Daisy Patch Die Cut. For each die cut set there seems to be at least two or three stamp sets that specifically co-ordinate.
How do you get the image lined up with the die? If you check back here I had posted a tutorial on how to do this. By the way, they line up perfectly!
So for this card I cut out various sizes as you can see...I think I covered all five sizes. I used Tim Holtz Vintage Brown ink for stamping with. I curved the petals with a round wooden skewer. Worked quite well actually cause it was thin. For the centres I put a dallop of glue and then applied brown fuzzy stuff that you sometimes find in boxes. I can't remember the name of it right now. Flower Soft would work great too but I didn't have any that was suitable.If the glue had spread out farther than I wanted it too I simply used my exacto knife and pushed it back into a round circle. The glue I did use was a Flower Soft product so it was thick and white.

Look at all those little diamonds. I made my own flourish lines freehand.
The pattern paper is Basic Grey - Pyrus.

I'm off to do some travelling.

See you on Monday.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful card, love the colours!!

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: Colors are beautifull and I love your layout, a must to try