Tuesday, December 28, 2010

7 Gypsies Tray

Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Santa brought me an assortment of crafty things...and I was spoiled by friends and family too!

I can finally share a few of the projects I've been working on over the last couple of months.

This was a tray for my DIL Steph. The tray is from 7 Gypsies. They do make trays in a variety of shapes. She spent time with her sister and family this summer so wanted to make a collage of some of the pictures I thought were great.

I inked the edge of each picture with Tim Holtz Vintage Distress Ink to give it that aged look. I used the Cricut cartridge Wall Decor for "Family", the hearts and the tree.


The flowers are made using "Heartfelt Creation" stamps and dies.
 
I dyed the lace with the Vintage ink and then with a needle and thread used a running stitch to gather the lace to make the flower. I actually went to many stores to try and find something like this and ended up making my own which I was pretty happy with. About a week after I completed the project I stopped in at a new craft store (new to me) and as soon as I walked in the door they had exactly one like this hanging on the wall.

January 1st I'm participating in a Blog Hop. All projects will be Cricut related. I've been working on it now for 3 or 4 days and will have it ready in time. If I don't post before then I hope you will stop by on New Year to have a peak and check out some of  the other crafty gals too!

I actually couldn't sleep cause ideas are floating around in my head. Off to see if I can create the project like the vision  I had. Sometimes the two don't line up!

Have a good day!

Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the antique look on scrapbook pages etc... you sure are creative!! Very nice project!
Elly

Anonymous said...

I love this Yvonne, and I am sure Stephanie did as well.

Sherry k

Steph said...

I showed this off to everyone who stopped by for Christmas, I LOVED this gift! Best keepsake ever :)