Monday, January 10, 2011

Basic Grey-Pyrus

Good Morning...

Hope you had a good week-end. I didn't do anything special. I did spend all day yesterday working on this card. It was one of those days when things just aren't happening in the creative department.

I wanted to use the Basic Grey- Pyrus collection. I was also trying to follow Mojo Mondays sketch. I only succeeded on about half of it. Marilyn did a really good job.

I had a pear all colored up (that I took way too long coloring) and then when I was assembling the card I decided it didn't go. In the end everything was sponged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage. Nestabilities cut all the circles. The birthday sentiment is from Just-Rite Stamps. I was just browsing around Fargocat Shops and see that both the Pyrus and the stamp set are on clearance and only one set of each left. The paper is really pretty and has a lot of options. The flower is primas. Dimensionals were used to give more depth.
I'm thinking about doing a project on canvas. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Have fun today.

Yvonne

3 comments:

Angela said...

Love the colors, you outdid yourself!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Yvonne, and to think I didn't like the page maps layout....

Love the colors as well...great job!!
Sherry

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love the colors on this layout and I think it came together quite nicely
Marilyn