Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Miss You & a Treat

Hi There,

This is the project that I thought was so cute. No stamping at all on this one!

Card is 6 x 6. Background paper is from Bo Bunny. I thought it was so cute and it is double sided. The birds and birdcage are Tim Holtz dies. Birdcage cut from glitter cardstock and the birds from Stampin' Up paper.

Rounded the birdcage and used dimensionals to raise it up. Birds and background paper distressed with Pumice Stone ink.

The "I miss you" cut with the cricut. Alphalicious cartridge. The cricut cuts glitter cardstock very well. The little heart was from a punch and them heat embossed with pink EP.

Added some bling to the holes in the bottom of the birdcage.

Decided to make a treat cup to go with the card. The template for the mug can be found at scor-pal.
The instructions say you need an extra 4 x 4 piece of paper. I was able to make the entire mug with a 4 1/2 x 12" piece. The pattern paper on the circle tag at the top is actually the centre out of the handle.

I used vinyl in black and red to create the border around the mug. The I Love You is also out of vinyl.

There's some peanut M & M's inside the mug. I had some nice white organza bags so put the treats in there.

These mugs are really very quick to make...decorating them is what takes the time. You can probably cut, score and assemble in under five minutes.

I have a couple more I've done that I'll share soon.

Yvonne

6 comments:

Lyngo said...

The card and the mug are just so cute. Thanks for sharing.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love this Yvonne the birdcage is beautiful cut out of the glitter and the paper matches perfect. You have a lot of patience cutting all those things out with the cricut. thanks for sharing the info on the mug.
have a great trip to CHA--wish I was going too
Marilyn

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card tfs!!

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: Lucky you going to CHA. Love the mug and the paper is georgeous. Nice going Lady!

Lori Aragon said...

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you!

Beautiful projects Yvonne! I especially like how you've incorporated your cricut with the vinyl and glitter paper. I would never have thought to use those! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Love and hugs ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Love both the card and the mug Yvonne. UMM a cricut project. I just may have to take the hint...hehe

Have fun at CHA...
Sherry