Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Water Stamping

Morning All!

I really liked this card. I decided to try some of the techniques from Tim Holtz's book "A Compendium of Curiosities". Because of copyright reasons I can't share on public space exactly how the technique was done but I'll share my colors and my added twist to it.
The multi-colored background started out being vanilla cardstock. Using the ink blending tool I added the colors of Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Barn Red & Stormy Sky. It was the combo that would match the Basic Grey - Curio line the closest. I then followed the instruction for the water stamping. Did you know that Distress Ink is reactive with water and makes the image appear as though its been stamped with bleach.  Now I added my own twist and stamped the image a second time with Pumice Stone. Also sponged Pumice Stone around all the edges of the papers.

Used a cuttlebug embossing folder on the Curio pattern paper and then lightly rubbed Pumice Stone ink over that as well. I wanted to hit just the high areas so the embossed image would stand out even more.

The little embellishment on the right side was from the Cricut - Lacy Labels.
Also used Nestabilities circles and Lacey Circles.

Do you see that ribbon on the corner of the card? It worked perfectly to look like it was a bow around the stem of the flower. That is ribbon from Maya Arts and is called Moss. It tends to be on the goldy side.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you're looking for some of the products used check out FargoCat Shops.

Looks like another rainy day here but the temperature has at least warmed a bit.

Yvonne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: Love the colors. Nice job. I'd buy some of the products from Fargo Cats but not knowing the technique I'll have to pass.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Wow this is a beauty . Great take on this weeks challenge. The distress inks you used sure matches the Curio DP really well . Good luck in the challenge
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Really nice card Yvonne, I really like the colors and how everything matches so well. Good luck with the challenge!!
Sherry

Julie Mutch said...

Yvonne, this is stunning. Gorgeous technique and the colours match perfectly! Just beautiful! :)

Hugs,
Julie