Monday, May 23, 2011

Cracked Glass

Good Morning,

Another week-end gone. It was warm here yesterday.

Today I have a tutorial of sorts for you. There's a combination of many different things that went into this card.

A quick overview. Thinking of you, hand, background paper cut from Cricut. Images from Sentimentals cartridge. Background paper and ink on the images from Imagine cartridge.

Click on the image to get a really good look at the detail.

The large stamp from LaBlanche, colored in with Tim Holtz Distress ink and those little nibs.

I want to focus on what I did to the stamped image paper.



After the image was colored in and I had finished the background with my distress inks I covered the entire image with Versamark ink and then clear embossing powder. I repeated this process about six times. If I had used UTEE (ultra think embossing powder) I would not have had to do so many layers.

Then I popped the piece into the freezer for it to get cold. When you take it out just bend the piece and it will crack. If it doesn't crack enough put it back in again and do it all over.

Once I had the desired cracks I sprayed it with Log Cabin Smooch so the liquid would seep into the cracks and give it an aged look. You wipe off the excess with a paper towel.

Just something a little different to play around with.

Deborah over at FargoCat Shops carrys a lot of these supplies and she's got good prices.

I didn't craft much this week-end but I did get a book finished. Guess I'll have to get back into my crafty room.

Have a good Monday.

Yvonne


1 comment:

sherry said...

Love the card Yvonne....really like the cracked effect and how it give it an aged look.

Sherry