Friday, July 15, 2011

Doily Dies

Hi There

Well I've made it back to Houston and did do a little creating yesterday.

While I was in Nova Scotia I dropped by FargoCat Shops to have a little peak. There's all sorts of neat stuff in Deborah's store and I came away with a few new things.

My first new item is Doily Dies. They are by Cheery Lynn Designs. You should watch the video on these dies. They come with great set of instructions for die cutting the image but the video is great too.

So what are these Doily Dies? A metal die that you can use in any of your die cutting machines. They are super intricate. This particular one is called English Tea Party (DL 101) and is 5" x 5". FargoCat Shops has this and smaller ones in stock (for now!). She tells me they have been flying out the door so contact her to see what is left.

So you can use it like a doily that I show here. When I first saw them all sorts of uses went through my mind. I can see using them as a stencil, only using a portion of the cut out. Doing some sort of origami folding...all sorts of possibilities.

However, for today I cut it out of pattern paper, layered two scalloped nestabilities in Not Quite Navy in the centre. Stamped my image with matching in.  Do you like my bow? Wanted it to be blue but didn't have any so I used some Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels to color it. Worked like a charm!



Heading out for another ride on Eva. Need to get this done before it really heats up here. 5 o'clock yesterday the temp was sitting at 104F and that didn't include the humidy factor which would have raised it even more.

Have a great week-end and I'll try to get a little more crafting done.

Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOH this card is GORJUS...LOVE the doily!!!...off to watch the video....TFS
BC in NS

Anonymous said...

OMG...this car is georgous...love the doilie and colors, cool trick for the ribbon bow to there Yvonne...
Sherry

Emily said...

Gee Yvonne you do beautiful work. Like reading your blog. Emily