Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just One More....

Morning,

Okay just one more using the Cheery Lynn Design dies.   I'm using metal with them this time.

FargoCat Shops had some in, if you don't see what you want give Deborah a call.

The metal I used was gold premium craft foil. Mine came in a roll but at craft stores you can buy it in individual sheets too. BTW mine is gold on one side and silver on the other. I used the die in my cuttlebug, just make sure you pass it through a few times and rotate to make sure it's being cut evenly.

Now this is the fun part. You can use your Tim Hotlz alcohol inks on the metal. In this project I used Wild Plum, Butterscotch and Lettuce on the silver side of the metal. Click picture for close-up.

The image is from Stampin' UP and the sentiment is from Just-Rite Stamps. Both were stamped on white cardstock and then altered with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade were the colors used. I also used those inks to alter the cardstock so it would be a closer match. Don't be afraid to use those inks it can mean less stress trying to match cardstock colors to your project.
How did I get a round card you ask? Even if you didn't I'll tell you...Using Elegant Edges cartridge I choose a scalloped circle. On my Gypsy or if you have design studio I welded the two shapes together and cut out.
I wanted the pattern paper to cover the entire front of the card so I unwelded the images and cut out one circle in the same size which was 5.5".
Of course I wanted another layer so I increased the size of the circle to 5.75" and cut out of the red cardstock and attached to the back of the card.

If you have any questions about this process please just ask. Be sure to leave your e-mail so I can get back to you.

Thanks for looking.

Yvonne

PS If you're looking for a crop to go to in Nova Scotia take a look here.

1 comment:

marlene said...

Wow! Neat or what? I'll have to try this technique one of these days.