Monday, August 1, 2011

Paws-atively Precious!

Happy Monday Morning!

The week is off to a particularly good start...this is my first official post for the Creative Critterz Imagination blog  and I'm very exciting to be working with such a great group of ladies. Every Monday I'll be posting my project featuring the Cricut Imagine. There will be a variety of themes to get your creative juices flowing.

Our first theme is " Critter Cuteness Cards."

I had a lot of fun with this card and even tried out a different product in my Imagine....more about that later.

The pattern paper and images are from Best Friends. The chair I choose to omit the first layer and I added the cat image to the chair. I switched up the sweater color for a better match and changed the border coloring to brown and .2 thickness.
Chair 3"
Cat 1 1/2"

The base size of the card 5 1/2 x 11 and directions can be found at Splitcoast Stampers.



Many of the patterns on the Imagine cartridges have a distressed look to them and if you print a sheet, and cut it you don't get even coloring all around the edges. To even out the look I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen on the edges.

Swiss Dots embossing folder for background. For matching ribbon I spritzed Bahama Blue Glimmer Mist over Ivory ribbon. Black micro pen for stitching around card and dew drops for embellishments.

Now for the good part....the saying "paws-atively precious" was made with the Imagine and Grafix Rub-Onz Transfer Film. I did the designing in the Cricut Craft Room using Jasmine font at .5. This transfer film is great for journalling (I don't like my handwriting), sentiments or verses for cards or actual images. Basically you are creating a rub-on with this product. The product comes with clear directions and is easy to use.

Be sure to check in each day this week as the rest of the design team showcases their projects. I'm sure you're in for some great eye candy!

                                                                      Yvonne




































No comments: