Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My LOVE Bug!

Morning,

Still on the Valentine kick! I needed to make a card for Xavier so I can put his Valentine treats in the mail. I think it is so cute.

Cartridge for the bug and words is Create A Critter. The heart pattern paper is actually from Imagine cartridge Frosty, which is more of a winter/Christmas one.
The border punch is from Fiskars and "with love" is a cuttlebug embossing folder. I sanded it after embossing. Red stickles on the two hearts and the remaining hearts are the scraps from the border punch. You'll notice at the top of the card I have a half heart. Sometimes to balance out your work you need to put something right on the edge of the cardstock. Same idea if you're stamping your background...don't be afraid to stamp off of the edge of the cardstock, makes things look like you cut it from a larger piece of paper.

Back to the little bug. I cut the shadow feature twice - once in red and once in black. I offset the black layer to give it more depth.


Take A Moment, Enjoy Today

Yvonne

No comments: