Monday, January 9, 2012

Thank You - CCR

Hello There,

Hope everyone had a good week-end. The weather was great here so I went for a couple hikes and did a little geocaching. FUN!

A little story I've been meaning to share. When my DD was getting ready to leave after Christmas to go home I was doing the last minute scan of the house to see what might be left behind. I checked the dresser drawers in her bedroom and found NOT her stuff but clothes I had bought for Xavier that I forgot about. lol Valentines Day present I guess. Fortunately 2 pairs of pants are size 4 and he's not that big yet. One size 3 outfit tha will fit and one pair of PJ's that are going to be too small. :( I've already got a head start on clothes for baby #2.

Just a reminder that if you would like to be part of a really fun design team be sure to check out the link as Creative Critterz Imaginations are looking for some new designers. Deadline is soon.
This weeks project is using CCR (Cricut Craft Room). I worked on this Sunday afternoon and now realize as I'm writing up my post a video would have been helpful. I've made a quick video explaining this. If you want a copy of the cut file just leave me a message in the comments so I can send it to you.
I started by taking the Tulip2 - page 40 ( Art Nouveau cartridge) and welding four of them together. This particular handbook suggests the minimum size you should try to cut the image at and this is very helpful as this cartridge has intricute cuts. The smallest size they suggested on the Tulip2 was 3" and that was what I used. In CCR you have to remember to use the flip buttons so you can rotate the image.
I also added some inking to the borders on the pattern paper as well as I inked the tulips and added some glitter.
This is what it looked like on my computer using the CCR. The patten paper is from the Elise cartridge.
Lacy Labels was used for the Thank you and the two layers underneath. These were also cut at 3" and that is the smallest you can go otherwise the Thank you won't cut properly.
This is what the tulip looked like before I welded four of them together.
Thank for looking!

Entering this in the Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge.
Yvonne

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love your card and your choice of colors! Thank you!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

beautiful card love the yellow and black combo . Yvonne your a wiz at using the cricut wish you were closer to take a few lessons LOL.
I have Lacy labels so going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing
Marilyn