Monday, March 5, 2012

Joker!

Hi There,

Once again this is my creation for the design team over at Creative Critterz Imaginations.We certainly saw some great St. Paddy's Day projects. If you may have missed seeing some of the projects it is worth your time to go back and have a peak!

Onto our next theme. April Fool's Day! I really struggled with this theme. My mind was a total blank on what to do or make. I'm really looking forward to see what the rest of the design team have come up with.

Started with the Joker from the Batman cartridge cut at 3". I do love the background and that pattern is from Snapshot Texture. Letters for "Joker" cut with Art Nouveau at 1/2" and then glittered. I used green stickles in the Joker's eyes as the green cutout was too small.

Needed something for the inside of the card so used the word processor.

Inside I placed this butterfly. There is a rubber band for the body and when you wind it up the butterfly will fly.

I received one of these in a card a couple of years ago and it certainly scared the heck out of me when I opened it. Of course I immediately made a card so I could send it onto someone else.

So this week I was on a hunt to find one of these or something else that would pop out of a card.

I found this butterfly at Hallmark for $1.99. They are called Magic Kiss.


Here's a not so good video of the butterfly in action.
Enjoy!

                                                                         Yvonne

4 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love your card and opening it would be scary . Tks. for visiting my blog today and leaving such nice comments.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

TFS!!! This is wonderful & I am so
'lifting' this!! (With your blessing, of course)!!!!!
Chelle kweenbee_612@yahoo.com

Karen said...

wow that is SO cool! would scare me but I would love it!

AmyJRockstar said...

OMG! This card is so freakin' cool!!! How did you get the background to look like it's painted? Is it seriously just the print? It's amazing! That butterfly would scare the heck out of me (or one of my non-suspecting friends) >;0) LMAO - I LOVE it!!! How do you attach the rubberband to it? Can you shoot me an email if you get a chance? I'm dying to know about the background and the butterfly. I am in love with this card! I totally dig the background on the inside too. You did an AMAZING April Fool's card! I would have never thought of something so very clever. You are quite an inspiration, my dear!


XO ~ Amy Jo (follower & your biggest fan) :0)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com