Monday, June 4, 2012

Bright & Springy!

Good Morning,

I guess I have a little news catching up today to do. As you know I went up to Arlington for the big scrapbook convention. You're probably wondering what goodies I hauled home. Sorry to disappoint but I came home with some glue and adhesive. :( Saw a few booths selling Spellbinders and those were priced very good. Heartfelt Creations were there. Nothing in the way of Cricut stuff. (One booth had a few cartridges.) Now don't get me wrong there were lots of booths but nothing cried out and said "But Me!" Lots and lots of booths that have pre-designed scrapbook pages and they were very nice but I prefer to design my own. I also didn't feel the prices were so good that I wanted to stockpile pattern paper that I might never use. Now accompanied with that I ended up with some sort of stomach flu. By the time I got back home Friday afternoon I felt really terrible.

 But there was a highlight...on my way back to Houston I stopped in Corsicana at a scrapbook store called Scrappin' Goodtime. Awesome assortment of stock and they have a retreat right on site. Beautiful B & B for scrapbookers. The pricing is very reasonable. If you have a group or just yourself I would give them a try...I don't think you'll be disappointed.

On to today's card. You will probably have noticed a theme on flowers by now. I colored up six different images from the same stamp set. I was on a roll with the copic markers. lol Now I'm coming up with different designs on the card. Cardstock was Bazzill and pattern paper from my Costco stash. I really do like pink and green together. Spellbinders for the circles. Happy Birthday embossed with black.
Have a good Monday.

Yvonne

3 comments:

marlene said...

Bright!Bright!Love it. My fab color-GREEN!

Marjorie said...

Hope that you are feeling better. I live in Round Rock, TX and that stomach bug has been going around here also.

Beautiful card!!!

Marjorie from TX

Cheri said...

That bug is going around Fort Wayne IN , yuck!
Kind of a nice treat to self to be a bit more discerning during craft shopping (whew).
Love your card colors, but really like the abundance of pearls around the circle.
tfs Hugs