Friday, August 9, 2013

Hello There!

Hi Crafters,

Just a quick stop to share this card I made at a Stampin' Up class last month. This lady does a lot of tone on tone but makes it pop by using dimensionals between the layers. So two layers of blue, dimensionals between.

Years ago I used to have a phone that looked just like that. Who remembers the days when you never owed your own phone you rented it. In the late 70's I rented one just like this in cream for my living room. I thought it was cool. lol I do remember it was difficult to hold a newborn and talk on the phone at the same time....that handle did not fit well into the crook of you neck.

Been busy scrapbooking the City Chase photos. Will have them finished soon to share.
Have a wonderful warm week-end. We're experiencing somewhere around 100F (38C). Hotter if you take the humidity index into consideration.
 
Yvonne

2 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Hi first of all thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog really appreciate it. Very nice tone on tone card and I know what you mean how dimensionals can change everything. Cool image.

Shona said...

Hi Yvonne! I just rediscovered your blog, it used to be in my Favorites file, but my computer somehow made that disappear.Looks like you are still busy making cards after all this time, I can't believe how long it's been since I took your classes at the Cutting Garden. I'm not sure if I should thank you or curse you for turning me into a card-making addict! All I know is that I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from you. I hope you are still teaching and inspiring want-to-be card makers.
Drop by my blog sometime and say Hi!
Http://dogfurinmyglue.blogspot.ca